The First Year
The process of setting up a brand new school is one of the most professionally exciting experiences of an entire career. Our vision is of building a team who are passionate about working collaboratively with other staff and members of the local community to explore new and innovative ways of delivering excellence. The result will be our school, built to our specification for our pupils.
Teaching Principles of Harperbury
The detail of how we work will be developed by the team we are now recruiting and the Assistant Headteacher Headteacher will play a key part. Here are the broad principles underpinning Harperbury’s curriculum and pedagogy:
- ? All children are different and we will create learning appropriate for each of them. Their aptitudes and abilities are not fixed which means that groupings will not be fixed and there will be periods of individualised learning.
- ? A Growth Mindset is a must for all those (students, staff and members of the local community) who want to be part of our school; fostering the right attitudes for success is paramount
- ? There will be collaborative planning between teachers of different disciplines and many lessons will involve a combination of teachers and subjects. Project-based and enquiry-based learning is central to our philosophy
- ? We will deliver the full national curriculum as a minimum, although it will not necessarily be divided up along traditional subject lines.
- ? We aim for academic success as measured by normal public exams.
- ? We will teach the skills of learning
- ? Pupils will participate in Real World Tasks set by teachers in collaboration with local communitypartners to give our students continuous access to the skills needed for the world of work.
- ? Our education will be holistic, involving enrichment and prep as part of a longer school day.
- ? We intend to be a technology-rich school with every pupil and teacher using a mobile device (laptop /tablet / smart phone) for a significant part of their learning / teaching.
We are fully committed to providing career development for all our staff and are building time for whole school CPD into the school day as a demonstration of the value we place on everyone’s learning.The Path to HarperburyDeadline for applications: 6pm on Thursday 19th February.For further information about the school as well as the full Job Description, Person Specification and an Application Form; go to www.harperbury.org.uk/people/job-vacancies
For an informal dialogue about the school or the role, please contact us at [email protected]
We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS. Harperbury is an equal opportunities employer.
- Attached – Application Form, Job Description and Job Advert
Harperbury Free School Assistant Head_Subject Leader Advert_final
Harperbury Free School Applicant Pack_Assistant Head Role
Harperbury Free School Assistant Head Application Form